May 2013 NewsletterThe summer is finally on it's way, so come and join us on Teahouse for some spring/summer fun :)
April Pixel Contest Winners!
We have a tie!
KERORO by Emilie
Dalai Cat by Juliet
Themed Pixel Contest
This month's theme is... SANRIO!
Nominate the member of the month for May!
May BirthdaysWish these members a happy birthday!
02, May : Lisa.
16, May : lilbunny
20, May : Claire
30, May : Della.
Chicken Noodle SoupIngredients
For the stock:
1 large roasted chicken carcass with approximately a third of the meat on the bone
2 litres/3˝ pints of water
2 carrots, peeled
1 onion, peeled and halved
1 bay leaf
6 black peppercorns
1 chicken stock cube
For the soup:
150g/5˝oz egg or rice noodles
100g/3˝oz bok choi, roughly chopped
3-4 spring onions, finely sliced
50g/1ľoz canned sweetcorn
3 tbsp soy sauce
small bunch coriander, chopped
1. Remove the remaining meat from the chicken carcass and place it in the fridge.
2. Heat 2 litres/3˝ pints of water up to a simmer in a large, deep saucepan.
3. Place the roasted chicken carcass, along with any remaining cooking juices, into the hot water and add the carrots, whole leeks, onion, bay leaf, peppercorns and stock cube.
4. Bring the stock up to the boil, reduce to a simmer and cook for an hour. Skim the stock from time to time to remove any scum that forms on the top.
5. After cooking the stock for an hour, place a colander over a large pan. Pick out the chicken carcass from the stock and place it into the colander. Carefully pour the rest of the stock through the colander into the pan.
6. Return the strained stock to the heat, and bring back up to a simmer.
7. Meanwhile, tear the reserved roast chicken into small pieces.
8. Add the noodles to the chicken stock and cook for a minute before adding the chicken, bok choi, spring onion, sweetcorn and soy sauce to the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes, then stir through the chopped coriander.
9. Divide between four bowls and serve immediately.
ThanksNewsletter prepared by Sarah (lilbunny)
Site of the Moment